Saturday, March 15, 2008

Perspective

Laugh at yourself and at life. Not in the spirit of derision or whining self-pity, but as a remedy, a miracle drug, that will ease your pain, cure your depression, and help you to put in perspective that seemingly terrible defeat and worry with laughter at your predicaments, thus freeing your mind to think clearly toward the solution that is certain to come. Never take yourself too seriously.


Og Mandino

I’m not all perky and happy; I can be a real bitch sometimes. I am not a perfect pretty little sweet miss. The monster in me comes out especially when I am PMSing or when G.E.M. (green eyed monster/jealousy) overcomes me. My hunny can attest to that and things can be real ugly when my hormones are soaring, I want to have a fight with everyone, I am mad at everyone and everything is just not right.

Since I started this blog last Feb 29, 2008 I felt real good. It’s wonderful, when I finally decided to change my perspective. Instead of complaining and be bitchy why I don’t get things to happen my way or don’t get what I want, I found a different approach and it’s very rewarding.

It’s not looking the other way when you see bad things. It’s changing your perspective about why these things happened and find a solution to make it better. When someone criticizes you, think of it as constructive criticism, maybe you really need to change how you do things.

I know that you, ladies and gentlemen, have a philosophy, each and all of you, and that the most interesting and important thing about you is the way in which it determines the perspective in your several worlds. William James

Humans have the ability to shift perspective. We can experience the world through our senses. Or we can remove ourselves from our senses and experience the world even less directly. We can think about our life, rather than thinking in our life. John J. Emerick

If the ones criticizing you are someone you barely know, dismiss whatever bad opinion they have of you, what should matter to you are the people around you, the people you interact with daily.

There are two ways of looking at it: When someone is having a good life they see all things beautiful when someone is having a crappy day they see shit in everything.

I think this is what they call paradigm shift.



Related Articles by Categories


7 Happy Finders:

  • Anonymous said...
     

    this reminds me of the law of attraction book ( i think it's called "The Secret", it talks about how what people think about and dwell on is what comes back to them. You should read it!

  • earthlingorgeous said...
     

    I saw the video of "The Secret" but I haven't read the book. Yeah it talks about the laws of attraction. How many page is the book?

  • Don Dousharm said...
     

    You know to every negative there is a positive. In my line of work, I have to deal with hundreds of different personalities on a daily bases. Always someone will have a bad day and project that negative energy on everyone they come in contact with. Sometimes it is so hard not to react in a negative way. It is my responsibility to keep it positive for production purpose's and that can be a task on any given day.

    I like to play a game with myself when that happens. I will go out of my way to project nothing but positive energy, IE; remark, joke, help, listen, problem solve and so on. When and if that person turns around, I feel so good it's like getting high.

    I am writing this little bit of a story because this is how I deal with the stress of the day. I have quite an aggressive nature and have to keep myself in check from time to time.

    As a boss, what you project in your writing I have to deal with 10 fold everyday, I see many different personalities. It helps me when I nurture rather than say take your personal shit away from me. Believe me when I tell you that going postal is understandable with what some people have to deal with.

    Your writing has helped me to gain perspective I thank you for that.

  • earthlingorgeous said...
     

    Donald,

    Wow thanks for your nice words. You just don't know what your comment means to me. Being able to inspire someone or help someone gain a better perspective is like winning lottery to me.

    I am not a boss but but I deal with different personalities, media to be more precise and they are trained to find the more negative and controversial issues of a personality or situation rather than the good thing happening or the good things that person has done. It's hard specially when they are being primadonas and a--- (censored) haha.

    But you have to put a smile on your face and try to temper them down so the write-up would come better instead of controversial.

    Feel free to drop by anytime and get inspired or more focused. It's my pleasure.

    Honestly, I write to destress, it's a hobby really and if someone out there is touched by what I write that is like a great bonus!

  • Ed said...
     

    Awesome! The Bible says in Phillipians, "Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honesta, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you"
    King James Version. Php 4:8-9

    Josh 1:8 says, "This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success"
    Grace and Peace,
    Ed

  • Prily said...
     

    Thanks,my friend for this beautiful entry again.You always make us happy.Make me eradicate the negative thoughts and the negative people.(Although sometimes it's unavoidable to think of them again!UGhhh!).

  • earthlingorgeous said...
     

    Yeah I know and writing is a good outlet... write it and let it go... focusing on the positive is hard but practice makes perfect or at least close to it. Thanks friend for dropping by :)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Grab this Widget ~ Blogger Accessories