Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Values Learned At Home

The basic things we know in life, we learned at pre-school. I know most of you have heard of this famous cliché, but do you agree? To those of us living with children whether they are our own or not, here’s something to make you chuckle.

My older sister would always jokingly comment that it’s great that I have my own kid already that she can borrow anytime she wants and return it to me when she can’t handle my daughter no more. At least she can have a dry run about being a parent but without the commitment since it’s not her own.

What do you think? Does she have a point? Yes and no.
Yes, if you are not ready to raise a child of your own, because like she usually said she is not ready and she don’t know herself that well to be able to raise a child and also she can not be as patient as me when it comes to a mischievous child like the one I have.

No, because the fulfillment of raising a person to be better than you is the most rewarding thing a person could ever have in his or her lifetime. Also, it’s true that no matter how tired you are in a days work, coming home to your child with a sincere hug and kiss and sweet smiles takes away all stress.

I got this e-mail written in Tag-lish (Tagalog and English mixed), I will try to translate to the best of my powers so everyone can understand and not just my Filipino blogging friends.

VALUES KIDS LEARNED AT HOME:

1. Mom thought me HOW TO APPRECIATE A JOB WELL DONE.
"If you two want to fight, do it outside, I just cleaned the house!"

2. I learned what RELIGION is through my dad.
"If you didn't get that stain out of the carpet, better start saying your prayers now or your mom will kill you!"

3. Mom thought me LOGIC.
"It is so because I said so!"

4. I've learned more LOGIC from my mom.
"You be careful there at the roof if you fall I'd be alone watching the movie!"

5. Mom also thought me what IRONY means.
"If you don't stop whining I'll give you more reason to whine!"

6. Mom explained what CONTORTIONISM is.
"Look at the mess you did with your neck, look at it!"

7. Dad was the one who explained what STAMINA means.
"Don't you leave the table until you finish all your food?"

8. It was mom who thought us what WEATHER is.
"You kids are giving me a headache! Look at how messy your rooms are it’s like a hurricane just passed by in here!"

9. And this is how my mom thought me about the CIRCLE OF LIFE:
"You ungrateful kid, I was the one who gave you life I could have taken your life!"

10. Dad taught me BEHAVIOR MODIFICATION.
"Don't you give me the shit like your mom does?"

11. And mom was the one who though us what is GENETICS.
"You are just like your ungrateful dad!"

12. Mom explained what ENVY is.
"There are kids who were abandoned by their parents you know. YOu should be thankful that you got parents like us."

13. It was dad who thought what ANTICIPATION is.
"You really did it; just you wait till we get home!"

14. Dad also thought us what RECEIVING is.
"I'll rag you when we get home!"

15. It was mom who though us HUMOR.
"If you cut your fingers with that axe your playing with don't you ever run to me for help or you'll be sorry you did!

16. And the most important of all I learned from my parents what is JUSTICE.
"One day you will have your own kids and I bet they will all be like you and give you the worst headache!"


THINGS TO THINK ABOUT!

1. You spend the first two years of their life teaching them to walk and talk. Then you spend the next sixteen telling them to sit down and shut up.

2. Grandchildren are God's reward for not killing your own children.

3. Mothers of teens now know why some animals eat their young.

4. Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said.

5. The main purpose of holding children's parties is to remind yourself that there are children more awful than your own.

6. We childproofed our homes, but they are still getting in.


ADVICE FOR THE DAY:

Be nice to your kids. They will choose your nursing home one day.


AND FINALLY:

IF YOU HAVE A LOTOF TENSION AND YOU GET A HEADACHE DO WHAT IT SAYS ON THE ASPIRIN BOTTLE:

"TAKE TWO ASPIRIN" AND "KEEP AWAY FROM CHILDREN"!!!




Related Articles by Categories


10 Happy Finders:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Grab this Widget ~ Blogger Accessories