Tuesday, March 18, 2008

What's your SHOE today?

No, it’s not the typical shoe you wear to work or play. It’s your Seven Heaven On Earth (SHOE) some of you may already be familiar with it because I just wrote about it a couple post away. Its listing down seven things or events in your day that didn’t make it as bad as you think it was. Some things that made you smile, giggle, laugh, and made you feel good. It’s something or anything good that doesn’t need to be grand like; “sipping the perfectly brewed coffee from Starbucks on the way to work”.

I have become my own version of an optimist. If I can't make it through one door, I'll go through another door - or I'll make a door. Something terrific will come no matter how dark the present.


Rabindranath Tagore

Were we trained to look for negativity or was it a personal choice that we become such. Ever notice yourself grumpy in the morning? Sometimes I do, especially when I wake before the time I wish to wake up. When we wake up in a bad mood, we say we woke up on the wrong side of the bed, but have you actually heard of waking up on the right side of bed? No.

So, after waking up, we either turn on the radio or TV for the morning news or read the morning paper and it will strike you with the events the other day “59 killed in a bomb attack in Iraq”, “US in recession”, “Performer’s house burned after robbing and raping her”, “Britney Spears drugged” (my headlines are fictional I’m just trying to give you the idea). Don’t you just hate the world for all these violence and bad news going around?

And so you go to work either by public transport or drive in your own car. Traffic! So your day already is ruined. You go to work wishing time goes by fast so you can go home. Annoying office mates and some boring work you have or you have too much work to do. Today will be a horribly long day! Finally, going home, traffic, etc. etc. Got the idea?

What I mean is that finding annoying things in your life is very easy, it’s like an unconscious choice. However, finding joys in the simple things in your life can be tough and takes a lot of practice and patience.

Let’s look at the same example in a different way. Waking up earlier than expected instead of being grumpy think of it as having more time to go shower, eat a big breakfast, surf the internet or write yesterdays S.H.O.E. because you forgot to write it last night.Noticing life little wonders, will make wonders in your life. Honestly, the first few days I tried writing my SHOE it was hard, I have to think real hard, but when I get the hang of it, finding and noticing wonderful things, good stuffs around me is as simple as blinking.

Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you'll start having positive results.


Willie Nelson

I encourage and challenge everyone to write down their S.H.O.E. everyday and please feel free to tell me the experience of doing it the first time. After a couple of days come back and tell about your progress, how does it feel? Was it easier to find good things now that you are used to it than the first time? Good luck! :)

What's your SHOE today?



Related Articles by Categories


6 Happy Finders:

  • Prily said...
     

    Hello Earth,
    I tried to send u reply to ur email yesterday at linkreferral but there's a problem with the reply button,can't link it.so what i can do is paste here the mail i intended to send via linkreferral...
    Hi Earth,
    Wow!I was so thrilled reading your mail yesterday.I just replied now as yesterday was my toddler's recognition day in their school. I'd been to Yarmouth and i'm not sure if ur bf and my husband know each other.My husband went in Dalhousie University in Halifax.He took up Mining Engineering(although his place is called Kennetcook in Hants County).His first assignment was in Alberta after that he went to Scotland.When he was in Scotland we accidently bumped each other online and that was the start.He came to the Philippines after 4 months,then we got married after 8 months since that first meeting.I joined him in Scotland after we got married.We're now married for almost 6 years.I am so lucky with my husband.Nova Scotians are really wonderful people.They are more reserve,respectful and sympathetic compared to other North American people.That is as far as i observed.And Nova Scotia?It's the most beautiful place on earth for me(especially Cape Breton Island!). But my husband works international as an oil engineer and we'll be back to Scotland this April.For the meantime,i'm still in the Philippines(Davao).I delivered our second baby boy here.Of course,i'll be privileged to be your friend.Compared to other parts of Canada, i cannot find lots of Filipinas in Nova Scotia as compared to Toronto,Vancouver,Ottawa and Montreal.So,it will be nice to meet you in the future.We always go to Canada 3 or 4 times a year.We'll be going there this June.My name is Prily but my username in blogger is Priscocam---it represents my family----Prily,Priyala(my baby girl who is in heaven now),Prisco,Scott and Cameron.Thanks for mailing me.I feel so excited knowing you.Now,am sending this mail and i'll be checking your site.Hope we can exchange links...
    Prily

  • earthlingorgeous said...
     

    This is so cool really I'm so delighted to have found you on LR. sure let's exchange link I'm dropping by your page now :)

  • eRLyN said...
     

    Hi Earth,

    Thank you for posting this. I need to be reminded that it wont hurt my eyes to look at the positive side of things. :)

  • Sherry said...
     

    its my first time to know this, coming from earthlin blog :D

  • Sherry said...
     

    heh.. sis.. I don't know its your blog until I see header. :D

    aww.. so familiar :D

  • Chris said...
     

    this is cool... will try to post mine today!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Grab this Widget ~ Blogger Accessories