Saturday, March 29, 2008

My Statement of Gratitude

I made this blog solely to be more upbeat and appreciate even the small things in my everyday life because simply I am tired of worrying, tired of hearing complaints and tired of the growing negativity around the world and it’s simply draining (and it’s not good for the complexion too, imagine wrinkles, dry skin, zits, frizzy hair!)

Almost two years ago when I created my S.H.O.E. , a month ago I created this blog and it tremendously helped me with my outlook in life and I can easily stomp off negativity, honestly.

Of course, there is the occasional outburst, but like what Shrek always say better out than in. I also have a place to dump my complaints, grievances and hysteria, my other blog, my PMSing mode blog (Pissy Mood Syndrome) Earthly Explorations . Once it’s out, let go. I actually laugh at my silly outburst sometimes when I see them in that blog.

Thank you so much Pinay Jadefor tagging me with this Statement of Gratitude. How I am gratitude let me count the ways:

One, I am gorgeous (hahahaha! nobody is allowed to complain here go to the complaints link if you want to hahahaha!). Two, I am so lucky to have my family, despite our sometimes love-hate relationships, it’s normal, when you love someone you are not afraid to tell them of their mistakes and love them all the same despite their imperfections. Three, I have the most sweetest, prettiest, smartest, mischievous, loving daughter. Four, I am happily in love everyday of my life and I am thankful for finding a man who compliments me in every way. Five, I love how he loves me, true we have our ups and downs but we have weathered all the storms, I would be the happiest woman on earth when we will be able to prove the world they are wrong. But, honestly, we don’t need to prove anything to anyone but ourselves and that is all that matters. Six, I have the most amazing, nicest, playful cat in the world, my cat never fails to amaze me with all her crazy antics and her loving ways. I love that cat. Seven, I’m glad to have internet at home and blog and write and create stuffs with pictures using photoshop. Eight, I have accomplished so many things in my life that the average 30 year old like me might not have gone through. Nine, I have my share of the spot light and the 15 minutes and more of the fame allotted for every person in the world. Ten, good friends, who drops by from time to time, leave me notes, call me up, the thought that they remember is a feel good factor and I am thankful for they consider me as indispensible (indisposable?) friend.

If I count them one by one, this blog space will not be enough, so, I will just leave it at those ten general things. Material possessions and physical appearance wither, but what’s inside of you, how you feel inside and how you make others feel towards you are the greatest blessings and the ones to be most thankful about.

I hope everyone will find time to sit down and contemplate, if they cannot list down, everyday, the things they are thankful about each day and acknowledge all the beautiful things in their lives instead of the bad ones, probably that way, the world will change, not instantly though but slowly and surely.

I believe everyone has a thing or two to be grateful about, past or present experiences. I encourage you to post and tag along with this “Statement of Gratitude” on your blogs and copy the statement below as you tag others (but this tag is completely optional).

I am tagging: Donald , Prily , Bobby , Zunnur , Ambrosia , Salamat , and Piebuko

*Start Copy*
In order to be able to achieve and maintain happiness we need to, actively, be able to do two things:

1) Complain and then let go (Dump the baggage, the roadblocks to happiness.)
2) Express Gratitude (The open expression of gratitude promotes happiness.)
After all everyone has something to be grateful for and/or something to complain about. If you would like to share, please follow the appropriate link and do so: "Are You Grateful?", "Complain Complain Complain."

Add your name to the current List of Contributors:
1-Attitude,the Ultimate Power
2-Max
3-DianaCA's Metamorphoses
4-Mental Poo
5-My Thoughts
6-Baba Doodlius
7-Wake Up America
8-Life is a Roller Coaster
9-Life is beautiful
10. –My Happiness Haven *End Copy*

By the way, I would like to thank Blog Catalog for making me one of the Popular Blogs in the community. This is so inspiring, what a nice 1st Month gift. Thank you so much BC and all my friends in there for your support and inspiring words.

Oh yeah before I forget, don't forget to turn off the lights on the eve of March 29 on your respective countries just to give the Earth Hour a boost and have our little contribution for our dear planet! Happy Weekend!



Related Articles by Categories


23 Happy Finders:

  • Lilly said...
     

    Oh I love thi spost. You are so right I have been thinking the same too we need more positive thoughts in our lives. You are a true joy. Love your S.H.O.E. Have a great Earth Hour, how good you not with a name like yours! Great weekend to yu too!!

  • earthlingorgeous said...
     

    Hey Hi! Lilly nice to see you here :) Thanks you can get your own S.H.O.E. if you want :) thank you for your kind words and yeah Earth Hour in less than 4 hours here :)

  • Shawie said...
     

    That's excellent to hear about your wonderful disposition in life, Earthlingorgeous...

    Yes, right... Happiness is always a choice:) it's all up to us how we want to live our lives, for every circumstances we have an option to veer away or go through it... and we always have the choice to choose the good or bad:)
    In every ways, we learned from our own actions, we give thanks for every unique situations that we are facing and that's what life is all about... Living!
    Have a great weekend too! forgive my not tagging as I am new to all these, hahaha! gotta learn, girl:) lols!

  • earthlingorgeous said...
     

    Hey Hi Salamat! No problem girl :) I had a hard time figuring tags too until some nice blogger helped me how to do this things :) Thanks for dropping by :)

  • Don Dousharm said...
     

    Nice stuff!!!

    I will be sure to spread the happiness. Thank you for your words.

    See you after the weekend.

  • earthlingorgeous said...
     

    Ok donald have a great weekend :) hi to dear wife :)

  • Anonymous said...
     

    Hi,
    Thanks for tagging me again, at least it will keep this lazy blogger writing, otherwise he might disappear again :)

    Congratulations for having a wonderful life, family and great achievements. Congratulations also for being listed in the "Popular Blogs" list, that was a quick and great achievement. I'm really impressed.

    Btw, is there any secret recipe for being gorgeous? Yeah, I know! It must be the "Milo" sandwiches!!

  • earthlingorgeous said...
     

    LOL! Zunnur yeah I think it's the Milo! and don't forget the vinegar too! hahahahaha!

    Well that is great then I will tag you some more whenever someone tags me to keep your blog alive :)

    Yeah I was really shocked to see me in the popular list :) and this blog is just 1 month old :) really cool... thanks to all of you guys ... keeps me more inspired to blog and blog and blog some more :)

  • Unknown said...
     

    Hi,
    It's Jlo dropping by to say I enjoyed your post and discovering your obvious verve for life.
    Congratulations, too, on the recognition for your blog.
    Keep spreading your own brand of gorgeous sunshine!
    Jlo

  • earthlingorgeous said...
     

    Hi Jlo thanks for dropping by. Haha the recognition didn't stay long in there but was good while it lasted. :)

  • Anonymous said...
     

    awww I'm so.. happy for you! I'm happy your happy. that must feel great, and your right, as long as your family is good, you dont need to prove anything to anyone else & your picture is gorgeous!!!

    [sigh] simple things in life make me happy, like now its raining, I get to seep all day.

    CONGRATS! on being a popular blog on blog catalog!!


    ps: girl, it will be much easier to complain on my blog! which i'll probably do =)

  • bobbyboy said...
     

    Yet another "Smile-bringer" article you brought to us :)
    I also have many belessings and think about them many times a day, it's also good therapy!

    One thing I'd like to mention though. I couldn't e-mail you so I'll have to say it here.

    I do my blog as an evolution of thought for all of us. I know that in some very small way I am helping someone somewhere, at least I hope so.

    I link if it is a similar blog or something very positive, but I don't do ads as I'm not trying to make money with my blog. I don't know too much about tags admittedly, and concentrate on other areas of my blog.

    I'm probably not going to do too much with tagging, at least at this time, but really do appreciate the tag! I figured this was the best blog to tell you this cause you have to be happy and can't yell at me :)

    Either way, thanks again and keep up the great blogging with your "Fun"tastic blogs!

  • Unknown said...
     

    Hi girl,
    This is beautiful. Well said.
    It's great to see that people can be happy and chooses to be happy.
    Love the S.H.O.E. !

    Hey I was Palawan too last June. Did u like it there? We just love it there...we can't wait to go back.

  • earthlingorgeous said...
     

    lol ambrosia,
    I like how you complain in your blog though it's fun :D, I'll see you there and complain with you :D

    Oh lol I think my popularity in BC was short lived or probably the admins mistake coz I not see me there now lol good thing I got a screenshot before they removed me there hahahahahaha!

  • earthlingorgeous said...
     

    ah bobby, like I said in BC I blog for myself and these ads thingy and blogging for money is just a bonus, honestly I don't think I can get rich or even have all my bills taken care with blogging, blogging for me is a hobby which I have been doing for 2 years now, just new here at blogger too.

    It's fun and inspiring to know that people read you though and a little boost in the money if they will come will be cool too so the ads and all those banners and whatever in there is for "decorative" purpose really.

    the tagging well I love making friends :) and tagging is like I don't talk to a blank wall :p

    when people read our blogs somehow someway they get something from it even a tiny bit and change their view a bit so that is cool :)

  • earthlingorgeous said...
     

    Yeah Jade love Palawan so much everything is beautiful and peaceful, the beach are white, everything is alive :x

  • bobbyboy said...
     

    hahaha EG, you're not talking to a blank wall. Yes, everyone has there reasons for blogging and I respect all of them. No way is wrong to me and I wish everyone success :)

  • earthlingorgeous said...
     

    yup yup bobby blogging is cool... each his own right :) now tag you are it hahahahahaha!

  • Tinggay said...
     

    Hello Gorgeous Earthling,

    Thanks for the tag. I'd get to it soon enough. I have been in the dumps and I know I need to be positive and find my SHOE. I'll do that too. :)

  • earthlingorgeous said...
     

    Ok Pie :) Take it easy though and finding your SHOE will be a good start to brighten you up (((hugs))) I hope you feel better soon! Take care! :)

  • bobbyboy said...
     

    "now tag you are it hahahahahaha!"

    hahahaha wiseguy ;)

    Keep up the great work EG!

  • earthlingorgeous said...
     

    Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah bobby! I think I was "IT" I no longer in the popular blog list in BC lol... short lived popularity eh?

    Good thing I was able to do the screenshot before they removed me in there hahahahaha!

  • bobbyboy said...
     

    You know Eg, in tag, not many people want to be "it", but with blogs, almost everyone wants to be "It."

    How many can say that they were "It"? Well, you can and you were a pretty good "It" after all :)

    Way to go!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Grab this Widget ~ Blogger Accessories