Monday, March 10, 2008

Missing someone

Please be safe wherever you are. Come home to me I need you I need to show you how much I love you in person.

This line will be very familiar to someone I love so dearly, why not I wrote this to him in a short note when I was missing him like crazy. I know it’s mushy stuff to say but so as the famous cliché goes: Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

I know it’s an odd predicament to say that missing someone makes us happy because in a way it does. Why not? Missing someone only means that you have someone special to miss contrary to not missing someone you really don’t have or missing someone you don’t have.

It’s true that missing someone can be very hard and hurtful at times, which is most of the time apart from that special someone. Because you always wish that you have that close and hold them tight. Missing someone messes our brains up, sometimes we think of unthinkable things that I would not want to mention anymore. We wish that they were thinking of us constantly the way we are thinking of them too.

When we miss someone everything around us becomes them, every little thing reminds us of them, funny commercials shown on TV, the song you just heard a second ago, the potato chip you are munching on right now, it becomes them.

But because we are assured that they are there somewhere thinking of us the way we do, we try to un-miss them by making ourselves busy, but the missing won’t stop. The moment you halt doing things like bathroom breaks, you find yourself wandering with thoughts of the one you miss.

Missing someone gets easier everyday because even though you are one day further from the last time you saw them, you are one day closer to the next time you will.



Related Articles by Categories


3 Happy Finders:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Grab this Widget ~ Blogger Accessories