Thursday, April 3, 2008

Happy People Cherish Today

I want to apologize to the people I made sad with my post yesterday, it wasn't meant to make people sad by the realization of a loss or losing something, it's just something I wrote to make people realize that in order to feel and enjoy true joy one must also know what pain and sorrow is. That is the balance of life. Anyway, I promise and try not to make anyone sad from this side of my blogging world. You can go to my other blog for some sad realizations in life.

Last year, a pan-European opinion poll conducted for the European Commission and was published by Reuters revealed that that 87 percent of EU citizens considered themselves happy, with a record 97 percent in Denmark. Denmark was also considered as the Happiest Country in the World. Only in Bulgaria, which joined the bloc in January last year, did a majority of people (55 percent) say they were unhappy.

The survey measured happiness levels with how people regard their personal and social lives that included family, friends, work, leisure and politics. They found out that the major worries of Europeans, and the main reason for their unhappiness was the uncertainty about the future (retirement and pension).

I haven’t seen a similar study for U.S. and other Western countries and even for Asia, but all I can say is that I believe everyone worries and fear things they are not certain and things they don’t know about, most especially about the future.

Me, I think I evolved, thirty years and yet I feel I am 69 already, with how I think of life and everything around me. But I am not holier-than-though, I am a devil-in-disguise! I am not a preacher too goodness no! Hahahahaha!

Anyway, I don’t worry about the future, well of course I think about it and wish the future holds much better days, but how can I get to my future without investing more on my present. If one worries about the future one can never have a satisfying present and will never ever experience living.

The future is tomorrow, and I believe tomorrow never really comes, because the tomorrow of yesterday was today. If we worry about tomorrow we are worrying about nothing. Today or the present is the only one that exists for everyone and we should make the best of it.

We shouldn't even need to worry about the past and we should be haunted by what we did wrong in the past. We can make up for every wrong doing it today, in the here and now. We can never undo anything we did in the past and we can't plan what will happen in the future. So whatever we can do for today do it now for tomorrow never comes and we can never go back to yesterday.

It is true that it’s not easy to thread on today without thinking about the present but as long as you have a goal in mind do what you can today to achieve it, never hesitate, just thread lightly as you can, slowly but surely.

But I do know happiness cannot be measured because happiness is a fleeting moment in ones life. Nothing is ever constant; life is a never ending roller-coaster ride. Feelings don’t stay stagnant.

Cherish today, it’s the present. Cherish everything and everyone around you now, before it’s too late because tomorrow may not come. Just be content with what you have, where you are and who you are with. Do the best you can every moment of your life. That is what I think is the formula to be happy.



Related Articles by Categories


9 Happy Finders:

  • Don Dousharm said...
     

    Good Morning Earthlingorgeous,

    Please never apologize. I was simply stating the effect at the moment yesterday. I hope that didn't upset you. I am a happy person and you always brighten my day.

    I quoted a line from todays post that I love. You said it all.

    "We can never undo anything we did in the past and we can't plan what will happen in the future. So whatever we can do for today do it now for tomorrow never comes and we can never go back to yesterday".

    I wrote a song a few years back and the point was this. To be truly happy in your life you have to have balance. Your quote was right on.

    I am going to put a copy of the lyrics to that song here for you. You can take it out if you want, if you think it takes up to much space. Anyway I hope you like it.

    Harmony

    To love in this world is a wondrous thing
    You praise every moment that life brings
    Having the courage to share in a soul
    The darkest of secrets no longer a hold

    To share in one life of intimate realm
    The passion and pleasure that overwhelm
    Acting a child in spite of your age
    The presence of joyous youth without rage

    Now the storm has blown over and the sky becomes clear
    The presence of singing bird songs, so dear
    As the sun shines so warmly down on our face
    Shows the grace and beauty of a wonderful place

    If grace and beauty were husband and wife
    Creating a child to share in their life
    Is tenderly held so lovingly
    Who carries the name of Harmony

    Revised 2008

    Copyright © Donald B. Dousharm 1992-2008

  • earthlingorgeous said...
     

    Wow that's looks like a great song I wish I can hear it too...

    Anyway no worries Donald it was not only you who expressed sadness about the let go post, so I think it will be appropriate to apologize for scaring them.

    Nah, I won't delete that lyrics by the way, it's all good :)

  • Anonymous said...
     

    Hi, this is very nice and happiest post!!!

    I like the paragraph from you

    “The future is tomorrow, and I believe tomorrow never comes really comes, because the tomorrow of yesterday was today. If we worry about tomorrow we are worrying about nothing. Today or the present is the only one that exists for everyone and we should make the best of it.”

    I saw in office most of peoples think and tensioned about future plans, that’s good but those peoples always missing their present happiness. Some times me too ….

  • earthlingorgeous said...
     

    Yeah Suryas,


    People do tend to worry much, its ok to be thoughtful but worrying about tomorrow is not necessary because if you don't survive today then the tomorrow you are hoping won't come.

    Thanks for coming by again by the way.

  • happy said...
     

    hey there,
    you've got a nice blog. :)

  • earthlingorgeous said...
     

    thanks happy :) isn't it nice to be happy ;)

  • happy said...
     

    thanks for dropping by my site. yeah, it's really nice to be happy. :)

  • bobbyboy said...
     

    I think I'd only be saddened if reading your blog didn't bring a smile to my face, as it always does :)

  • earthlingorgeous said...
     

    awww thanks so much bobby :)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Grab this Widget ~ Blogger Accessories