Saturday, April 12, 2008

Humility

Nobody is perfect. Because of this imperfection, unconsciously and unintentionally we hurt the people around us by the things we do or say.

Sometimes when we are angry or offended we become defensive and instead of being sincerely apologetic of your inconsiderate acts you go full swing on the offensive mode and things could turn nasty than it could have been if you handled the situation differently and less prideful.

Being humble sometimes is helpful in such situation. But who should be humble the offender or the offended? Mad does badly, and if talking or being sensible for a moment is far from happening, step back and refrain from saying more hurtful words.

Never apologize for showing feeling. When you do so you apologize for truth. Benjamin Disraeli


Men are taught to apologize for their weaknesses, women for their strengths. Lois Wyse

Humility is a rare trait these days. Everyone seems to refuse being corrected. Evolution takes a long process and learning and practicing humility could be the hardest thing to do especially for someone who is prideful and stubborn. Through pride we are ever deceiving ourselves because deep down a voice tells that something is out of tune. Nothing is more commendable than someone who is willing to stand corrected and willing to listen. It’s not thinking less of yourself but a freedom from thinking about yourself.

Being humble and accepting your mistake and knowing when to bend will help keep the peace in our lives. Try to say the magic words, (sorry, I love you, I didn’t mean to, give me a chance, please, etc.) no matter how hard it is to say because your ego is prompting you not to.

But be wary too, don’t just say the magic words loosely, a stiff apology is a second insult and as good as the actual offense. Because the injured or offended party does not want to be compensated because he has been wronged; he wants to be healed because he has been hurt.

To be truly forgiven, we mush show sincerity in all our acts. If we thread along our life at peace with everyone only then we can say we are truly happy.

Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does enlarge the future. Paul Boese

It is a good rule in life never to apologize. Haven’t we all heard of love means never to say you are sorry? Do you know the reason behind that famous quote? Simple, the right sort of people does not want apologies, and the wrong sort takes a mean advantage of them.

An apology might help, but you can change your life without one. Robin Quivers

We all make mistakes and somehow have had a pattern of overreacting to others’ behaviors in unkind ways. To rebuild trust we should take responsibility for our behavior, apologize and sincerely let people know that we intend to make a change, and then make the change!



Related Articles by Categories


5 Happy Finders:

  • Don Dousharm said...
     

    Wow!

    The only thing I can say to that is this; "No one ever got indigestion from swallowing a piece of humble pie".

    I have heard the saying that "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all". This is something my mother used to say to me when I would fight with my brother and would have plenty to say out of anger.

    We as humans have very sharp tongs.

    Thanks for your post Earth.

  • bobbyboy said...
     

    This is a standard lesson for the "Human condition." Many of us need to be reminded of humility on a regular basis.

    There's a saying I love, but I don't know the exact phrase. It goes something like this: It's not that you make mistakes, it's what you do afterwards that matters.

    I remind myself of this all the time :)

  • earthlingorgeous said...
     

    Donald, yeah we all have sharp mouths especially when provoked we say things that we don't think about just blurt hurtful words but it's also our nature as human to be prideful and stubborn and not bow down to an "opponent".

    Bobby,
    That's a good philosophy and I think men are good at making up for mistakes afterwards, just be great if it follows through and not just in the begginning.

    Me, I'm such a stubborn headed prideful it's in my genes haha. But if don't get humble I won't go anywhere and people will hate me or back off specially the ones I love so even if it's hard to be humble I'm trying to be, I don't want to lose the ones I love, they are the reason for my happiness.

  • Prily said...
     

    Yup, humility is really a virtue.

    Miss Earth, i wanna thank you for visiting me at my site and leaving awesome comments. I am already here in Scotland, tired but happy.

    Miss yah, my friend.Have a nice start of weekday there in the Philippines!

  • earthlingorgeous said...
     

    Hi Prily, yeah I like dropping by your blog and see pictures of you and your hubby :) makes me kilig hahaha

    Wow you are there now in Scotland :)so happy for you my friend together with ur hunny :x yay!

    Happy weekday to you too talk to you later I need to ask some things :)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Grab this Widget ~ Blogger Accessories