Monday, April 14, 2008

Relax

I can’t take this anymore!
Have you heard your self screaming these words while in the middle of doing the common things you do and enjoy everyday? Have you lost the spirit in doing the things you usually enjoy?

I suggest you better stop whatever you are doing that’s been stressing you and putting more pressure on you now or as soon as possible because this is a sign that you need to slow down and take a break. If you don’t stop you will be more annoyed with whatever you are doing and with the people around you. It could also be the reason for not doing the things right.

Back off for a moment or two and clear your head, rest and relax, give yourself space. It doesn’t necessarily mean to take a grand vacation. If you are in an office environment and can’t take long vacations, a five minute every hour break will be very helpful to de-stress you from the tension you feel. If you are a home maker, stop, go take a walk or window shop, go to a salon and treat yourself like a queen, or just soak yourself on a warm bath.

"Every now and then go away, have a little relaxation, for when you come back to your work your judgment will be surer. Go some distance away because then the work appears smaller and more of it can be taken in at a glance and a lack of harmony and proportion is more readily seen."

Leonardo Da Vinci

Everyone should take time out once in a while to recharge and revitalize their energy. This is the key to have a balanced life and avoid burnt out.



Related Articles by Categories


10 Happy Finders:

  • Unknown said...
     

    I totally agree with you.We should not take everything too seriously.
    Or we could end up all wrinkled up or have a nervous break down.

    Relax.

  • earthlingorgeous said...
     

    Yup Jade wrinkles or end up in a mental institutions hahaha! Let's all say chillax!

  • Anonymous said...
     

    you totally write out my feelings!! i find myself screaming the same words over and over again, more and more frequent!

    I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE!

    i know i need a break to 'detox' myself from all the 'toxins' i pump myself with DAY in DAY out!!

    one day soon, i will hop onto a plane and fly to nowhere...i don't care where the destination is, i just want a break!

  • earthlingorgeous said...
     

    KM! don't just hop on a plane to anywhere come to Palawan it's a great place to relax!

    keep it easy gurl, take a salon break in the meantime. hugs.

  • Don Dousharm said...
     

    You know, one of the things I try to do with my job every once in awhile is to re-evaluate my thinking. What I mean is, when I get stressed I find myself saying that. I am really not re-evaluating my thinking, I am getting away from the things that make me crazy.

    When I am ready, I come back with a new outlook on the things I was getting away from in the first place.

    Doesn't this all just drive you nuts? I guess I am just having one of those days.

    Now that I have you scratching your head and saying, What is he talking about? This is just the way my day has been going all day. I must have sent vibes to you somehow for you to come up with this post. I don't know how you do it but don't ever stop.

    Off topic:
    Thanks for joining StumbleUpon and Welcome!

  • earthlingorgeous said...
     

    Donald,

    Don't worry I absolutely understand what you are talking about. There are times when at work you just want to step back and stop thinking or doing the things that make you crazy by doing that you actually clear your mind and you can do things better.

    Hmmm I'm a mind reader? hahaha joke. Hey I hope your ribs are doing better now.

    Thanks for invite in stumble though not know how that works yet. haha.

  • Moby Dick said...
     

    I have reached that point today, so I did not go to Bible Study and instead took my daughter to the pet store and had some fun. That was better than listening to self-important religious types talking about Jesus.

  • bobbyboy said...
     

    Even though many of us know this, I am surprised that we don't take a step back, take a deep breath and relax a little. It's not all that hard to do really.

    This is a good reminder though...I'm off to relax now :)

  • earthlingorgeous said...
     

    Ah! A bonding time with your daugther is I think more precious and less pretense and relaxed than going to a bible study... no offense meant here but I understand your point... I mean they preach or something but do they practice what they preach? oooops sorry just that some people think they are better than the rest when they have use Jesus name in vain...

    Glad you had great time with your daughter... kids and pets are a fun combination :) always make my day :)

  • earthlingorgeous said...
     

    yeah Bobby I think they thought they will miss out a great deal if they step back or leave for awhile kinda thinking that everything will stop or fall out of place if they are not there...

    have a good relaxing evening :)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Grab this Widget ~ Blogger Accessories