Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Practice Patience

It takes months for a seed to grow into a plant, years before it becomes a tree, few more months before it will have flowers to bloom and months before it will bear fruit. It takes a lot of patience and care for the farmer who planted the seed to harvest and benefit from his tolerance and hope that one day the seed he planted will bear fruits.

I strongly believe in the saying that patience is a virtue. With the entire charade and toil one encounters through life it is hard to practice it.
“He who hesitates is lost.” A phrase I passed by and I have for my welcome note. But I ask you now, what is time anyway? Age, month, years, hours are they the measurement of “time?”

Who concludes it’s too long? Who concludes it’s too short? Something good is worth the wait but what if there’s no time remaining? Now tell me who should judge what time is?

There are events in our lives that test our endurance to every obscurity, condition and people we meet along our way. When our stress triggers us to one situation, it’s either we burst out or we give up.

Having the patience of the saint is a rare quality especially in this fast phased life we are living right now. It seems we let the other people around us dictate how we go through our lives. We often think too much about their opinion instead of our own liking and preferences.

If someone or something stresses us, stepping back for a few moments is a good way to gather our thoughts and evaluate the situation. We are no saints but we can practice patience in our daily lives before making a big decision or saying things we might regret later on.

When making a decision analyze if you are doing it for your own good and your preference or you are doing it for someone else’s preferences and their benefit. By the end of the day, even if the objective was good, if you have regrets with what you did or say weighs more because it all boils down to you, if you are happy or not with what you did. Happiness will show from within. You can’t give what you don’t have, so goes a popular adage.

Patience is the ability to count down before you blast off.

Author Unknown



Related Articles by Categories


13 Happy Finders:

  • Don Dousharm said...
     

    Good morning from Philadelphia Earthlingorgeous,

    Patience is one thing I struggle with in my life. I have always been the one who wants what he wants yesterday. I don't really know where that comes from.

    Sometimes it's a good thing and sometimes not. For example; In business if I need something to happen I just about will it to happen and do whatever it takes to make it so but if I want something personal and it doesn't happen when I want it to, I become impatient and irritable. I struggle with this almost everyday.

    As far as time goes, I struggle with this concept everyday as I don't like to sleep because I am afraid I will miss out on something. We are only on this earth for a short time and I want to make every minute count. I always use this saying, "Time enough to sleep in the grave".

    It's tough to have balance when you struggle with these issues.

    What do you think?

    A well thought out observation. You have a way with making one think.

    Thank You,

    Don

  • earthlingorgeous said...
     

    Donald,

    I struggle with patience everyday of my life too... sometimes I deal with it badly sometimes I do good, it really depends on the time of the month or whatever event preceeded before the test for my patience.

    I know though why you suffer impatience, it's because of lack of sleep. Try to sleep and get enough sleep so you can go on with your day relaxed and less irritable. Trust me on this.

    My issues of impatience happens most of the time when I don't get enough sleep. So 8 hours a day or atleast 6 hours or when you wake up feeling rested that's a good night sleep. TRY TO SLEEP! It will good for all aspects of your life. Promise! and you won't miss out on anything. You will have more focus actually.

  • Tinggay said...
     

    Hi Gorgeous Earthling,

    Patience for me is the virtue that I sorely lack.
    It's like Yamashita's treasure to me. People talk about it but so far no one has ever seen it. :)
    Lucky for me, my husband is extremely patient for both of us.

  • Anonymous said...
     

    This virtue is lacking in my family, me and my husband.
    We are a bunch of impatients...

    But ever since i have my Happy Dot, i have changed, at least i am able to really countdown before i do BLAST OFF!!

    I hope you don't mind, even though this is my first visit to your blog, but i am going to add you to my blog list, because i enjoyed reading all your posts and had learned so much from them all.

  • earthlingorgeous said...
     

    Hahahaha Pie,

    Some said patience are for saints only! but really it's hard when we want something really bad, and it's really good that some have patience better than us, you are very lucky with your husband there :)

  • earthlingorgeous said...
     

    KM welcome to my page! It's my pleasure being added to your blog list and I hope you will have a happy visit most of the time in here.

    I think our impatience comes with all this instant things in our life, like instant coffee, noodles and the like. But I agree after creating my SHOE and this blog I saw some change in me and it's great.

  • Anonymous said...
     

    Oh Earthlingorgeous what a beautiful article! Your words are so inspiring.

    I think that we have lost so much of our patient nature in today's society and it is through words like yours that we can be reminded back to our higher nature.

  • earthlingorgeous said...
     

    Yeah all these things in our daily lives pushes us into being hasty all because we are going for their preference or to impress others than ourselves.

  • Anonymous said...
     

    Very well thought out, well put together article. Keep up this writing! Cheers

  • Wendy Lopez-Redaon said...
     

    hi =) thanks for adding my link. i'll add yours too! you know, you resemble a friend of mine way back when I was still working same smile and personality. you remind me so much of her. she's living in the states now she married a fil-am soldier =)

    take care gorgeous! mwah

  • earthlingorgeous said...
     

    Sangeeta thanks for the kind words.

    Hi Wendy thanks :) there are lots of gorgeous people in the world it seems hahahahaha!

    You take care too mwa!

  • Jojo said...
     

    Patience...patience...patience....

    I sometimes loose patience but patience helped me find my job and our new house. Patience... I love you.

  • earthlingorgeous said...
     

    hahahaha Jojo, you love patience now eh hahahaha... good for you... see the best is always worth the wait :)

    thanks for dropping by :)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Grab this Widget ~ Blogger Accessories