Thursday, April 10, 2008

Wonders of Nature

I was doing my blog visits when I glanced upon Crissy’s page and gave priority to repost this as my support for our country’s treasures.

It just strikes me though, that when I tried to search the nominees for the New 7 Wonders of Nature I didn’t find anything anything from Palawan. I was hoping somewhere in the list of nominees I would find the Subterranean National River Park more popularly known as St. Paul Underground River in Puerto Princesa, in the province of Palawan in the Visayas region. Too bad that place was really magnificent and I would recommend it to anyone who wish to visit my country.

Take a look at these pictures I took outside and inside the 8 kilometer stretch Underground River in June 2007, to see what I am vouching for. This wonderful work of nature was surrounded by great bodies of water, the South China Sea and the Sulu Sea, and it’s the Worlds Longest Underground River.
So correct me if I am wrong, but that place deserves to be included in the New 7 Wonders of Nature. But, anyway since it's not there here are the other nominees in the Philippines, and I appeal to my countrymen, and Philippines fans to support our own and vote for the following:

CHOCOLATE HILLS (Current Live Ranking: #8)
The Chocolate Hills is an unusual geological formation in Bohol, Philippines. It is composed of around 1,268 perfectly cone-shaped hills, all about the same size, spread over an area of more than 50 sq km The hills are covered in green grass that turns brown during the dry season, giving them the name "Chocolate Hills."

TUBBATAHA REEF (Current Live Ranking: #10)
Tubbataha Reef is an atoll coral reef in the Sulu Sea that belongs to the Philippines. It is a marine sanctuary protected as Tubbataha Reef National Marine Park. The reef is composed of two atolls, North and South Reefs. Each reef has a single small islet that protrudes from the water. The atolls are separated by a deep channel 8 kilometers wide. Over one thousand species, including many that are endangered, can be found at on the reef. These include manta rays, lionfish, tortoises, clownfish and sharks.

MAYON VOLCANO (Current Live Ranking: #17)
Mayon Volcano is an active volcano on the Filipino island of Luzon, 15 km northwest of Legazpi City.It is classified by volcanologists as a stratovolcano (composite volcano). Its symmetric cone was formed through alternate pyroclastic and lava flows. Mayon is the most active volcano in the country, having erupted over 47 times in the past 400 years, and is a part of what is called the Pacific Ring of Fire.

We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures that we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.

Jawaharlal Nehruehru



Related Articles by Categories


9 Happy Finders:

  • bobbyboy said...
     

    wow, that IS quite beautiful! Thank you (and Crissy)for the info.

  • earthlingorgeous said...
     

    Yup I really love that place ... it's so magnificent... those pic I personally took :D I was lucky to have taken such beautiful pic becoz I was the one holding the head light for the boat trip hahahaha so I can point wherever I want and I can't hear the guide waaaaaay back hahahahaha

  • David said...
     

    What extraordinary beauty! I just went to Tulum, Quintana Roo, Mexico, where I saw almost the same kind of underwater cave, which they call a cenote:

    http://www.mayadiving.com/images/Cenote-snorkeling.jpg

  • earthlingorgeous said...
     

    Well David in case you are planning another trip go to this magnificent place, Puerto Princesa Palawan is a real Paradise, the beauty of that place is not just on that cave but all over the place. You won't regret going there, take my personal guarantee with you!

  • Unknown said...
     

    Hi EarthlingG,
    I also find it a pity that nothing from Palawan was nominated. I really love Palawan and hope that we could live there soon. You can visit of course if you want to.

  • earthlingorgeous said...
     

    oooOOOooo thanks Jade an open invitation that I will accept hahaha! Yeah such a pity really nothing from Palawan was nominated. I love that place so much. I'd visit any time.

  • Unknown said...
     

    Hey girl, i wanted to ask you something off topic.

    How do you place those adbrite link ads? I have registered there too, but so far no inline text ads are showing up.btw, have u earned anything from it already?

  • tripAventure said...
     

    hello... such a nice place.. Hopping that I could travel also there....
    thanks..... http://allbestofphilippines.blogspot.com

  • earthlingorgeous said...
     

    Hi Arjae,

    Thanks for dropping by... you shouldn't miss Palawan when you tour around the country, it's the best!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Grab this Widget ~ Blogger Accessories