Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Visit Pope John Paul II Birthplace

Lent is just a stone throw away and what best way we celebrate it but to do Visita Iglesia or hit the beach as this can be the hottest days here in the Philippines.

But I think I would like to spend my holy week in a different manner and the Auschwitz tours looks like a perfect option for me.

It's a tour around Poland, which is a dominant Catholic country where 94% of its 38.6 million population are Roman Catholic while 2 percent are Orthodox. It's also the birthplace of Pope John Paul II, whom I think is the best pope of all time for having introduced the World Youth Day.

The Pope's birthplace is near Krakow and I would like to take a tour there. This package tour by Escape2poland.com.uk are the best because all fees are included like the tour guide that will tell us about the wonderful establishments in Poland like this big twin-towered St Mary's Church (Kosciol Mariacki) founded in 14th century and not just the transport.




Related Articles by Categories


0 Happy Finders:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Grab this Widget ~ Blogger Accessories