Sunday, July 6, 2008

Loving A Woman

I wanna share with you some exerpts from one of the writings of Walker Percy


Christ here's my discovery. You have got hold of the wrong absolutes and infinities.
God as absolute? God as infinity? I don't even understand the words. I'll tell you what's absolute and infinite.

Loving a woman.

But how would you know? You see, your church knows what its' doing; Rule out one absolute so you have to look for another.

Do you know what it is like to be a self-centered not unhappy man who leads a tolerable finite life, works, eats, drinks, hunts, sleeps, then one fine day discovers that the great starry heavens have opened to him and his heart is bursting with it.

It? She. Her. Woman. Not a category, not a sex, not one of two sexes, a human female creature, but an infinity.

What else is infinity but a woman become meat and drink to you, life and your heart's own music,the air you breathe? Just be here is to live and have your soul's own self. Just to open your mouth on the skin of her back. What joy just to wake up with her beside you in the morning.

I didn't know there was such happiness.

But there is dark converse: Not having her is not breathing. I'm not kidding. I couldn't get my breathe without her.

What else is a man dame for but this? I can see you agree about love but you look somewhat ironic. Are we talking about two different things? In anycase there's a catch.

Love is infinite happiness. Losing it is infinite unhappiness.

Bookmark and Share



Related Articles by Categories


4 Happy Finders:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Grab this Widget ~ Blogger Accessories