Friday, May 2, 2008

Secrets and Future

I glanced on one of the Koreanovelas my mom likes to watch during lunch time and I was struck by a dialogue said by one of the characters. He was proposing marriage to this woman, and to what I heard the woman works as a Guest Relations Officer (G.R.O.) and this guy is a crook.

He said, the dialogue was dubbed in Tagalog, “In life we have secrets and future." My secret is I loved Selina (another character in the show), my future is I want to be with you for the rest of my life”. “You once told me that we should forget our secret because it’s the past and we can’t do anything to change it. But what’s important is the future, what you want to happen in your life in the here and the now.”

I was stunned that was logical and true come to think of it. Reason I rather be in front of the computer instead of sitting down at the living area with my mom is because of her Koreanovelas, I think they are corny and just another drama about life’s tragedies and misfortunes and the stupidity and naivety of the main character.

But this particular dialogue was so outstanding it makes perfect sense. Secrets and future, we all have our secrets and we all have our future. We may want to keep our secrets buried forever in the past or use it as a tool to live wisely in the present and future. The future although it is always uncertain, we can plan at the present where we want to go and what we want to achieve because our past gave us the lessons and the realizations about what do we want and what is important to us.



Related Articles by Categories


7 Happy Finders:

  • The_Sphinx's World said...
     

    Honestly, I think everyone hides a skeleton in the closet. It doesn't necessarily mean it's so grave and serious, but there are things that are best kept to ourselves because by opening them, they might just disrupt things that we try so much to maintain or achieve.

  • earthlingorgeous said...
     

    Yeah I agree, the past is not as important as the present and the future :)

  • Barry said...
     

    I agree with both of you :)

  • earthlingorgeous said...
     

    thanks for dropping by barry :)

  • Don Dousharm said...
     

    Hello Earthlingorgeous,

    Sorry for not commenting the past few days. I have been busy with a project. I try to post everyday as your blog is worth the commitment.

    Anyway, I also have my secrets and like having them as I believe they are a source of strength. I use them as a guide as what not to do if the situation should arrive.

    I believe that things that we are not so proud of that we may have said or done help to keep us in check.

    The future is un-written and the past is what helps shape what is to come.

    Talk to you soon!

  • Tinggay said...
     

    hi earth,

    nice post. I was expecting an article about korean novelas. I am a sucker for some of them.

    anyway, I could not agree more with what you said.
    I still have my fair share of secrets from my husband; and perhaps, he has his. I respect that. I used to obsess about his past. Asking him every detail of it. I learned though that there'd always be things that will be left unsaid. What is important is now and tomorrow.

    :)

  • Anonymous said...
     

    There was a time when I kept the past, the secret and the pain. I hoped that the pain would go and the secret would become the future. When I met a new meaningful life, I realized the amount of time I've wasted lingering in the past. I threw them in the dustbin, and used it as a lesson for the future.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Grab this Widget ~ Blogger Accessories