Friday, May 16, 2008

When Things Get Frustrating

The feeling of wanting and not having is more intense than wanting and having. Such feelings of wanting so much and not having often than not makes us frustrated especially when the personal goal you desire most is so important to you, the greater the frustration becomes. Frustration is an emotion comparable to anger. Maybe anger at themselves, to the things that surround them, to the society, behavior of other people around, just about anything.

Don't you just want to explode and disappear on the face of the earth when you have had just about all you can take, more especially when you can't do anything or you want to do something but you are always blocked of the things that you want to do by external or internal sources. “When you know what you want, and want it bad enough, you will find a way to get it," so does a famous line said. But how could you when there are other factors that prevent you from doing?

Don't you just hate it when you want something so bad and you do anything to get everything turns out exactly opposite? Some said learn to love what you have but well I would rather do anything that I could to get what I want than to be forced to like what I get.

Then when you get frustrated you hate the world and everyone around you so you just snap at them even if they didn't do anything bad. You just snap. Like I do more often than not and I know it affects everyone around me, I wonder if they call me grumpy, snobbish, full of myself bitch.

But at the end of the day whenever you're in conflict with someone, there is one factor that can make the difference between damaging your relationship and deepening it. That factor is attitude. Always try to keep it positive.



Related Articles by Categories


6 Happy Finders:

  • The_Sphinx's World said...
     

    Wow! I never want to be along the line of fire when you're in such a mood.

    Yes, there are times when you really feel so frustrated about things not going the way you want them to.

    In such times, I usually take a breath, find some place cool and silent, then read and sleep. I feel refreshed when I wake up.

  • Bradley said...
     

    I think we all know that closing our eyes and taking deep breaths when these things occur helps, but it's so hard to do when we're in that space.

    I have family and friends to remind me to do so when I get in that space and I always want to strangle them for doing so.

    I'd hate for us to meet and be in the same space together. :-)

  • earthlingorgeous said...
     

    Hahahaha Sphinx, yeah don't be around me when I'm in that mood it can be really ugly!

    Bradley,

    It's true it's so hard to keep cool when your blood pressure is over your head hahaaha so yeah don't be around then hahahhaha!

  • bobbyboy said...
     

    Very deep and thought provoking. It is one of those things that I read that keeps me humble. ;)

  • Don Dousharm said...
     

    Hello Earthlingorgeous,

    I just spent the week from hell! I was sent out of town to fix some issues in one of our stores and am sorry I did. I spent 17 hours a day working and feel completely drained.

    Don't ever use Motel computers they totally suck. Anyway, I wanted more than anything to just walk away but my responsibilities would not let me. I just spent a week away from my family, I don't feel like I accomplished anything and now I am back home wondering why I even said yes to going.

    Guess What?

    All is not lost, even with your obvious frustration you manage to make people stop and think about things and that is a good thing. It seems that things will happen to us weather we want them to or not. I guess we just pick up the pieces and move on.

  • The Fitness Diva said...
     

    Love the cat's obvious ability to just completely let go! That's what I need to do. That pic just says "I surrender...Que sera', sera'...now let me get some sleep!"

    I love what I have, but still want more. That's just human, isn't it?
    And when I say more, I don't mean of material things. More freedom. More time to do the things I love.
    More friends to share some fun times with.
    More money to help me create more time and more freedom.
    Makes you seem like a hamster on a turning wheel, but in the end, when it all works out, and you can sit back and just go "Ahhhhh......I did it"
    It's all worth it! ;)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Grab this Widget ~ Blogger Accessories