Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Children Can Teach Us Great Things

"It was a sports stadium. Eight Children were standing on the track to participate in the running
event.

* Ready! * Steady! * Bang !!!

With the sound of Toy pistol, all eight girls started running. Hardly have they covered ten to fifteen steps, one of the smaller girls slipped and fell down, due to bruises and pain she started crying.

When other seven girls heard this sound, they stopped running, stood for a while and turned back; they all ran back to the place where the girl fell down.

One among them bent, picked and kissed the girl gently and enquired. 'Now pain must have reduced'. All seven girls lifted the fallen girl, pacified her, two of them held the girl firmly and they joined hands and walked together and reached the winning post.

Officials were shocked. Clapping of thousands of spectators filled the stadium. Many eyes were filled with tears. The applause and elation was so loud that perhaps it had reached the heavens!

This happened in Hyderabad, recently. The sport was conducted by National Institute of Mental Health.

All these special girls had come to participate in this event and they are spastic children. Yes, they were Mentally Challenged. What does these children taught the world with their simple acts of kindness and concern for their kin?

Teamwork? Humanity? Equality among all? Successful people help others who are slow in learning so that they are not left far behind."



Related Articles by Categories


6 Happy Finders:

  • bluedreamer27 said...
     

    wow thats great and thats true and its wonderful thing to know that parents and childrens are having that kind of mutual relation as the children learned from their parents and vise versa

  • Unknown said...
     

    Oh this is such an inspiring story...we can learn alot from these kids. Truly touched my heart.

    Girl I have a Mother's day tag for you. Check it out.

  • Don Dousharm said...
     

    Children are unselfish and honest until they learn from a society that all but preached dishonesty and selfishness. I hope that just one of those that I describe were touched by this heart warming story and changed forever.

    A wonderful story Earth, Thank You.

  • earthlingorgeous said...
     

    Bluedreamer,

    Yeah it's a learning process parents learn from their kids and kids learn from their parents.

    Jade,

    This story actually made me cry. It's so inspiring and made me realize about the bitter about truth this world we are living right now.

    I will do the mother's day tag soon! not on Meme Monday! :) Thanks for the tag! :)

    Donald,

    Yeah I agree, sometimes I wish I was a child again innocent and pure. I wish I didn't know as much as I know right now and remain a child but it's impossible.

    I love this story so much it moved me. I'm glad to share this to everyone.

    Earthlingorgeous

  • bobbyboy said...
     

    Sometimes when I want an honest answer to a question I have, I try to think like a child. Ok, so I'm crazy, but it works once in a while ^_^

  • earthlingorgeous said...
     

    Haha Bobby,

    Me I ask a child hahaha and I get the most logical yet funny answer.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Grab this Widget ~ Blogger Accessories