Monday, October 27, 2008

An Effective Prayer

"Loving Lord and heavenly Father,
I offer up today
all that I am,
all that I have, all that I do,
and all that I suffer,
to be Yours today and Yours forever.
Give me grace, Lord,
to do all that I know of Your holy will.
Purify my heart,
sanctify my thinking,
correct my desires.
Teach me,
in all of today's work and trouble and joy,
to respond with honest praise,
simple trust,
and instant obedience,
that my life may be in truth a living sacrifice,
by the power of Your Holy Spirit
and in the name of Your Son, Jesus Christ,
my Master and my all. Amen."
~Prayer by Elisabeth Elliot

Sometimes, we get so overwhelmed by the many troubles we have that we want to surrender. When this time happens, take a moment to be silent and cleanse your thoughts and then say a little prayer to calm your soul.

Bookmark and Share



Related Articles by Categories


8 Happy Finders:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Grab this Widget ~ Blogger Accessories